Thursday, October 25, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself


I’m Ashton Fenster. In a few months, I will be Ashton Zager.

I’m a Bible College student. I’m a Junior High Girls Intern. I’m a Young Life leader. Here are some things I’m about:

I’m about friendships.

I’m learning to be more about transparency and honesty.

I’m about making mistakes, or as my mother calls them, “oopses”

I’m about organic discipleship and conversations that come naturally, or as I like to call them…relationships.

I’m not about organization, or administering. These things just don’t come naturally to me.

I’m about messiness--both in a physical, haven’t-showered-in-three-days, sticking-some-gum-in-my-mouth-because-I-don’t-have-time-to-brush-my-teeth kind of way, and in the metaphorical, always-running-late, being-the-queen-of-last-minute-planning kind of way.

I’m about hearing people's stories.

I’m definitely not about making decisions. Whether it’s choosing where we go to dinner, or the potentially-life-altering kind, you can expect a cry-fest or an attempt to transfer the responsibility when you ask me to make a decision.

I’m about learning to be the best companion in life that I can be when I marry my best friend on June 7th.

I’m not about debating theology, but I might possibly converse with you about these things.

I’m about loving on teenagers--the 12 year olds and the ones who just act like they’re 12 years old.

I wish I were more about exercising.

I’m about second chances and undeserved grace.

I’m about Pinterest, and pretty clothes and being girly and overthinking practically everything.

I’m about Jesus and I’m learning to be more like Him, and less like me, every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment